Sunday, May 11, 2008

I have lived in San Antonio since May of 1988. I have been active in the Gay Community of this fine city since my arrival. Previous to that I was active in the Houston Gay Community for over 18 years, being a key player in several gay protests and in gay celebrations. And previous to that I was a very outspoken gay rights activist in California. I was a Registered Nurse for 20 years, specializing in Trauma, Transplant, and Coronary ICU. I now work for HEB. I have sat on the Board of Directors of four non-profit organizations. Two here in the Great State of Texas, one in Arizona, and one in California. I get a lot of ridicule for being gay, but I am proud of it and will not be ashamed of my sexuality.

I have been involved with the ASF since 2001. I have great dreams for the ASF, but I realize that we must crawl before we can walk. I believe in working together to obtain a common goal and that any goal is obtainable. I will ask the hard questions and expect honest answers, if the answer is unknown, I promise to assist in anyway possible to find the answer. I will attempt to guide and to lead this Board towards a self-sufficient ASF and rewarding the well deserving students that we are charged to assist with helping achieve their goals in life. I look forward to working with each and every one of you as we continue on in this great endeavor.

No comments: